WHY is so good our medicinal water?
- Because our 60°C water has the highest sulphur content among the medicinal waters of Hungary.
- Because the water is good for easing and curing rheumatic illnesses, arthritis, gynaecological illnesses.
- Because help in post-treatment of injuries, orthopaedic surgeries.
- Because the medicinal bathing is supplemented by medical massage, weight-bath, tangentor, mudpack, tub bath and carbon dioxide tub bath.
The role of the thermal bath is very important in the promotion of general health, healing and rehabilitation. For about 75 years, millions of people have been cured in Zsory Bath.
The most favourable physical effect is buoyancy, reducing bodyweight to a tenth of its normal weight, so the load on the joints will be minimal.
The hydrostatical pressure influences the circulation, compresses the superficial varicose and the lymphovasculars, which helps the deflation of swelling from static trauma.
The thermal pools’ temperature is between 34 -36 °C, which ranges from “neutral to metabolism”. Other pools are between 37-40 °C, which are moderately warm bathes. In warm water the blood vessels in the skin widen, tissues get more oxygen, and muscle tone decreases, so the thermal bath helps to relax muscles, reduce pain and favourably influence the chronic inflammatory processes.
The chemical effect of the Zsóry medicinal water is determined by its significant Calcium, Magnesium, Chloride, Hydrogen-carbonate and Sulphide ion contents. The amount of total dissolved mineral material content of the water is 3.5 – 3.89 g/l, which is far higher than the amount necessary for having a water declared mineral (1 g/l). The average amount of Sulphide ions (15.5 mg/l) is the highest among all the sulphurous medicinal waters of Hungary.
Through its vasodilator effect, sulphur, which is absorbed through the skin, decreases blood-pressure and improves circulation to the blood vessels, including the coronary arteries, as well as the sulphur-contents of the vein walls, thus decreasing their cholesterol contents and the danger of arteriosclerosis. Sulphurous baths have an obstructive effect on the Langerhans cells of the epidermis, which has an antiphlogistic effect. Through the sour glucose-amino glucose enzyme of the interstitial tissue, it stimulates breathing and improves metabolism. In arthrosis, the sulphur-contents of the cartilage decrease. Sulphur incorporates into the articular cartilage, contributes to the production of chondroitin sulphate, and thus improves degenerative articular diseases. As a result of the ceratholytic effect of the sulphide ion, the water plays an important role in the treatment of psoriasis-related skin-conditions. Due to its Calcium, Magnesium and hydro-carbonate contents, the Zsóry water has an antiphlogistic effect, and is also used to treat osteoporosis. Its high chloride-contents increase the resistance of the body, and have an invigorating and general intensifying effect.
The medical water can be successfully used as a course of treatment for the following diseases:
- Locomotor disease, rheumatism
- Joint inflammation, gout, muscle rheumatism, neuralgia
- After-care of injuries of orthopaedic operations
- Paralysis after cerebral bleed
- Gynaecological inflammation
- Skin disease (psoriasis)
- Menthal and physical weariness
Not suggested in case of:
- Inflammation of locomotive diseases in active state
- Malignant tumors (leukemia)
- Phlebitis, thrombosis
- Cardiovascular deficiency
- Heart attack (for 6 months)
Suggested time for bathing is 15 minutes. Over this period you may stay in the pool at your own risk. Children under the age of 14 may use the curative pools only at medical reasons. It is not suggested to drink the water.
On 5th May 2017 received our bath the quality certificate EuropeSpa Med of ESPA officially:
Pools operated all the year:
- 3 indoor curative pools with various temperatures (34-36 °C, 36-38 °C, 38-40 °C)
- open air adventure pool next to the covered bath (it is possible to swim out from the covered area) (30-32°C )
- open air medical hot water pool next to covered bath (34-36 °C)
- open air „nostalgie” medical hot water pool (34-36 °C)
- 2 indoor children's pool 0,5-0,25m (32-34 °C)
- whirlpool for 6 p. (34-36 °C)